If I were you, I'd read up on Guam and learn a phrase or two as you and a friend might just be on your way to the beautiful island of Guam for an all-expense paid trip brought to you by Heinz Tomato Ketchup!
Before I share the great news with you on how to join this exciting contest, let me share some Guam 101 first.
Guam is actually part of the US Territory thus a VISA is required prior to entry. Unlike California or New York, Guam is just a 3-hour flight away from Manila! Even closer than Singapore or Korea that takes us 4 hours to get there. The weather is fairly similar to the Philippines so no need to lug around your boots and coat for this trip.
As for the food, Filipinos won't have a hard time adjusting as the food in Guam is really similar to ours. This is brought by the early Filipino immigrants who transferred to Guam as early as the Spanish colonization. Thus, don't be surprise to see something that may look like a Pancit Sotanghon or an Adobo or perhaps our delicious Lechon during a feast in Guam.
Being part of the US Territory expect also to see the usual US retail and food shops like K-Mart, Duty Free stores, Cold Stone and Taco Bell to name a few.
Writing this, I'm personally excited to see Guam and I'm making sure to be able to tick this off my travel wish list hopefully soon.
Ketchup smiley at Johnny Rockets
Here's how YOU can win a trip to Guam courtesy of my favorite ketchup, Heinz Tomato ketchup:
1. Write two (2) separate blog entries about the following:
Blog 1: What is your FUN Heinz Tomato Ketchup experience?
Blog 2: Why do you want to go to Guam and what would you want to do in Guam if you won the trip package?
2. Post your blogs in your own blogsite and link your blogs in your own facebook account.
3. Like the Heinz Philippines Facebook page and share your blog entries with us.
4. To register your blog entries, send a private message to Heinz Philippines Facebook account with the following details:
- Full Name
- Facebook account name
- URL of your facebook account
- Date the blog(s) was posted
- Contact number (Landline and/or mobile number)
- Home Address
* You need to register your entries to make it valid
5. Tag your friends and invite them to like your entry. The blog entry with the highest number of total likes in your own Facebook account will be declared the grand winner (the number of likes in your two blog entries will be added up).
6. This contest will run from February 6, 2012 until February 29, 2012, 2PM.
7. Announcement of winner will be on March 1, 2012.
THE PRIZE: Guam Trip Package Good for 2 -- Inclusive of 2 Plane tickets to Guam and 3 days, 2 nights Hotel Accommodation.
8. Winner will be informed through registered mail and through their mobile/landline number.
9. Prize may be ONLY redeemed at United Airlines Manila Office at 10/F Rufino Pacific Tower V.A. Rufino St., corner 6784 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila.
10. For purposes of validation, the winner is asked to bring the following when claiming their prize:
- Any 2 valid identification cards
- Registered mail
- Redemption shall be within 60 days from receipt of notification. Prize that is not claimed after 60 days from receipt of notification will be forfeited in favor of Heinz and United Airlines (or awarded to the next back-up winner – depending on DTI’s approval) with prior approval of DTI.
11. Prize is tax-free.
12. Likes posted in the Heinz Philippines facebook account will not be considered.
13. Winner is required to blog about their FUN Travel experience provided by United Airlines during their trip or until two weeks after their trip.
14. Employees of Heinz Philippines, Getz Bros Philippines Inc. and United Airlines are disqualified from joining the promotion.
*Prize is not transferable.
*Prize is not convertible to cash.
*Prize can be converted to Trip Package to Palau should the winner gets denied of a US visa or does not have a visa.
*Prize is valid for one (1) year.
Isn't this so exciting? :)
What are you waiting for? Ready...Get set...BLOG!! :)