[PR] Easy Recipes from La Germania
Mother's Day was a month ago and in a week's time, we will be celebrating another special day -- Father's Day. As they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach so why not whipped up these easy dishes for the special men in your lives? It need not be fancy or complicated to make. What matters is it comes from the heart, right? Get your little ones involved too as they can help you out with the preparation:
Breakfast in Bed
There’s nothing like waking up to a delicious yet nutritious breakfast made with love. One easy yet impressive dish you can try is the classic banana pancakes. All you need is 20 minutes of prep time, and you’re good to go.
● 1 cup all-purpose flour
● 1 tablespoon white sugar
● 2 teaspoons baking powder
● ¼ teaspoon salt
● 1 egg, beaten
● 1 cup milk
● 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
● 2 ripe bananas, mashed
1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
2. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
4. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. This dish is best served hot.
An Elevated Merienda
If you’re looking to take your usual merienda to the next level, you can try your hand at baking something new, like a burnt basque cheesecake. While this dish may look fancy, it only takes 30 minutes to make. However, it’s recommended you cool it overnight before serving.
● 226 grams cream cheese (cold)
● 1 cup heavy cream (cold)
● 100 grams granulated sugar
● 2 large eggs
● 15 grams cake flour
● 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to the 450 F degrees (230 C).
2. Line a 6-inch cake pan with 2.5-inch sides with parchment paper.
3. Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend together until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and then drop the pan a few times onto a kitchen towel to coax any remaining bubbles out of the batter.
5. Bake the cheesecake for 22 minutes or until the top is just shy of turning black.
6. Let the cheesecake cool on a cooling rack and then place it in a sealable bag and refrigerate overnight.
A Dinner to Remember
Cook like a chef by making his favorite steak and truffle pasta.
● 1 - 2 boneless ribeye or scotch fillet
● 1 tbsp vegetable oil
● Salt and pepper
● 75 grams unsalted butter
● 6 sprigs fresh thyme or 3 sprigs rosemary
● 5 garlic cloves
1. Bring steaks to room temperature by taking it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you cook them.
2. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel.
3. Heat the skillet over high heat until it’s very hot.
4. Season each steak generously with salt and pepper, then place on the skillet immediately.
5. Sear one side according to the doneness you prefer. It takes about 3 minutes per side to cook steak medium rare.
6. Toss in garlic, butter and thyme, and baste unto your steak for about a minute.
7. Let your steak rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Truffle pasta ingredients:
● 5 ounces fettuccine
● 3 tbsps unsalted butter, divided
● 8 ounces sliced baby bella mushrooms
● 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
● 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
● 1/4 cup heavy cream
● 2 ounces Parrano truffle cheese, shredded
1. Boil the pasta according to package instructions
2. In a 10-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and stir to coat them in the butter, then add the salt and cook the mushrooms for 10 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked mushrooms and garlic to a bowl or plate. In the same pan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the cream and stir to combine it with the butter. Once the cream is heated through add the shredded cheese.
4. Add the mushrooms and pasta to the pan and stir to coat them evenly in the sauce. Garnish with the chopped parsley and grated cheese and serve.
Aside from using fresh ingredients to prepare your dishes, it’s important that you use good quality kitchen equipment like La Germania. Built according to the highest European standards in terms of construction and design, La Germania appliances allow you to prepare exquisite dishes for you and the rest of your family in an easy and efficient way. With guaranteed durability and superior quality, they’re a good investment you and the special men in your life can use in the kitchen to cook up family recipes for generations to come.
La Germania products are available online through La Germania’s official e-commerce website and e-commerce platforms on Shopee and Lazada. For more information on La Germania and its products, you may follow the official Facebook and Instagram accounts of the trusted kitchen and appliance brand.