#FrannyCooks : Corn Dog Muffins with Mekeni Picnic
Are you #TeamNamDoSan or #TeamGoodBoy?
To know what I'm talking about, you have to watch the Kdrama called "Start Up". One reason why I love watching Korean dramas is because they somehow manage to incorporate a specific Korean food into the storyline. From Chicken and Beer in Crash Landing On You to Corn Dogs in Start Up, I always end up craving for whatever is being repeatedly enjoyed in every episode. I haven't gotten around to watching a new Kdrama so I'm still hooked to Start Up and halmoni's corndogs.
Now, let me share how to make these tasty Corn Dog Muffins at home:
What you'll need:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal (I used 1 cup polenta)
- 1 cup buttermilk (my first time to make this!)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pack of Mekeni Picnic Hotdogs cut into ⅓ pieces
1. Whisk together melted butter, eggs, sugar and buttermilk. I love the sound of whisking sugar and butter and the smell is just heavenly.
2. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well.
3. Carefully pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients bowl.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Check using a toothpick to ensure that it's fully baked till the enter. Enjoy!
One thing that I noticed about Mekeni Picnic Hotdogs is that it's not very salty. Even the Cheesedog was very good and I really loved it! Looks like we found a new brand to fill our grocery cart with. So, to all #TeamGoodBoy out there, try this special treat that the little ones will love.
Mekeni is available in all supermarkets nationwide.
Post a Comment