Mother's Day is a week away and despite our very hectic work schedule, my sister and I are busy planning on what we will do for our dear Mommy on her special day. It's one day where Mommy is required to sit back, relax and leave everything up to us. Our sweet Papa would always prepare a greeting card for Mommy where both my sister and I would include our short messages in. Either for lunch or dinner, we would go out not only with Mommy but with my Amah (grandmother) as well. After all their hard work and intense labor, one day is truly not enough for us to show our utmost gratitude and undying love for them.
For us, breakfast should always be a feast. I remember waking up early when I was younger as we would drive out for a hearty breakfast meal -- be it some dimsum and congee or a plate of Daing na Bangus complete with salted eggs, tomatoes and garlic rice! Dad would always read the papers as he drinks his cup of coffee while my sister and I would always have our own glass of Orange Juice.
For our birthdays, breakfast is made even more special! Mommy would wake up extra early to cook some Birthday Misua. Mind you, the preparation for this dish is really tedious as it consists of a lot of ingredients and she would always complain how hard it is to evenly mix the noodles and meat together. Despite all the hassle that Mommy has to go through for this, not a single birthday has passed without her cooking a potful of Birthday Misua for us to enjoy. You can truly feel her love in every bite.
To join, simply follow these easy steps:
1) Like the Official Frannywanny.com Facebook Page.
2) Share this entry via Facebook: - Click on the Share button on top of this post. A blank box will pop out and and complete the sentence:
"@Frannywanny (Mom/Mommy/Inay/however you call your mom) deserves a delicious breakfast treat on Mother's Day because ___________________ "
After you're typed in your entry, click Send.
example: @Frannywanny Mommy deserves a delicious breakfast treat on Mother's Day because she would wake up extra early everyday to prepare my baon.
Note: Please make sure that your profile is set to public (everyone) or this won't appear on my Facebook page.
3) Leave a message at my comment box with the URL link of your message complete with your name and email address. Failure to do so automatically disqualifies the entry.
4) This contest is open to all readers in the Philippines.
5) One entry per person only!
6) This contest will run for only two days -- May 5-6, 2012. I will be notifying the winner via email and will also announce it here in my blog.
7) There will be five (5) winners for this contest.
This contest is brought to you by McDonald's! :) Hooray!
Good luck and Have a Happy Weekend!!!