Previous entry: Give in to Giving this Christmas (Part 1)
Before we rush out to begin yet another coffee overdose session, let us get to know the twelve organizations that you can support this Yuletide Season:
1) Kagabay - stands for Kababaihan Gabay sa Bayan is an organization that helps women improve on their livelihood skills and in the process empowers them as well.
2) Caritas Manila - this is the leading social arm of the Archdiocese of Manila and is geared toward total human development for the urban poor.
4) Bahay Tuluyan - is an NGO established to help street children who are seen in the red light district of Malate.
5) Haribon - is dedicated to the conservation of the Philippine biodiversity
6) Cartwheel Foundation
8) Autism Society of the Philippines (ASP) - is a group who helps patients with Autism and empowers them to become self-reliant, productive and socially accepted members of the community.
9) Philippine Cerebral Palsy - assists and aids cerebral palsy patients in the country.
10) Philippine Band of Mercy - provides help to Filipinos disfigued at birth with the opportunity to avail of medical help and support for reconstruction, rehabilitation and medical consultation.
11) Resources for the Blind - has set up a center that ensures that all blind students have access to all the same information that the sighted students have in order for a successful integration into a regular school someday.
and last but never the least...
12) The Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP) - has been relentlessly instilling a culture of corporate citizenship in its member-companies. It continues to deliver long-term business interests side by side improving the lives of the Filipinos.
So what are you waiting for?
Tis is definitely the season of loads of coffee drinking. From the elegant-looking planners of the Green Siren to CBTL's notebooks for a very good cause, it looks like all of Manila (and the entire Philippines) will be wide awake this Christmas Season.
Ho Ho Ho!!!
*photos by Paul Ang