The funny thing is, no matter how alike we can be, we apparently deal with stress very differently. He would resort to playing billiards or watching his favorite YouTube videos while I head to the kitchen to cook or I blog. Either way, we realized that we crave for some me-time to de-stress and we happily would give each other that much-needed space when needed. That, kids, is one of the secrets to a happy marriage. ;)
Creamy Sardines in Olive Oil with Penne Pasta
What you'll need:
- 4 cups of penne pasta, cook according to package. Keep the pasta water.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lemon, get the juice
- 1/2 bottle of Mega Creations Sardines in Olive Oil, flaked
- 1 pack of All-Purpose Cream
- Freshly ground pepper
1) Saute garlic in olive oil until it gets slightly dark. Do not brown.
3) Drizzle with lemon juice.
5) Season sauce with salt and pepper based on desired taste.
6) Add in the penne pasta and pour in a cup of pasta water. Mix evenly.
7) Let it simmer until it bubbles. Turn off from heat.
8) Sprinkle with crushed basil leaves and parmesan cheese before serving.
Aside from this pasta, I was also able to try the Spanish Sardines in Tomato Sauce and Oil and it was the BOMB! I'm not kidding. The quality and flavour were a notch higher than your usual sardines in tomato sauce as it wasn't as tangy since the tomato sauce was mixed into the oil. I'm pretty sure that you'll be asking for more rice when you get to try this. I was just out of bread then but this would definitely do well in an open-faced sandwich.
I can't wait to visit Manila soon for me to buy and re-stock our Mega Creations Premium Sardines stash here in the Lion City. Check them out on Facebook.